This fascinating and instructive book offers a revealing, blow–by–blow description of secret, headline–making negotiations in the Middleast, Korea, Africa, and Bosnia, as well as an invaluable guide to conducting such a difficult process of tremendous practical application to a wide variety of conflict resolution professionals.
Based on extensive interviews and research with key players at the highest level, this book not only tells some incredibly dramatic stories but shows how to use these demonstrated strategies, skills, improvisational interventions and other techniques. Detailing breakthrough negotiations which brought the Israelis and Palestinians together for the first time in Oslo, built the Gulf War Coalition, ended the great divide between North and South Korea, and terminated the war in Bosnia, the authors employ a compelling narrative and didactic style to explain how to understand and apply sophisticated, field–tested methods of dispute resolution in a variety of situations.
Geef uw waardering
Introduction: Seven Principles of Breakthrough Negotiation.
PART ONE: FOUNDATIONS OF THE BREAKTHROUGH APPROACH.
1. The United States Engages a Cold War Orphan.
2. Diagnosing the Structure.
3. Tensions Escalate on the Korean Peninsula.
4. Identifying Barriers to Agreement.
5. Carter Achieves a Breakthrough.
6. Managing Conflict.
7. The United States and North Korea Reach Agreement.
8. Building Momentum.
PART TWO: BUILDING THE BREAKTHROUGH TOOLBOX.
9. Getting to the Table in Oslo.
10. Transforming the Balance of Forces.
11. Assembling the Persian Gulf Coalition.
12. Building Coalitions.
13. Ending the War in Bosnia.
14. Leading Negotiations.
Conclusion: Becoming a Breakthrough Negotiator.
Update of the Cases.
Alle 100 bestsellers
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan