This title is a Pearson Global Edition. The Editorial team at Pearson has worked closely with educators around the world to include content which is especially relevant to students outside the United States.
For introductory courses in Information Systems or Management Information Systems.
An authoritative, engaging introduction to MIS
Essentials of MIS is an in-depth look at how today’s businesses use information technologies and systems to achieve their corporate objectives. Current real-world business cases illustrate how companies have identified, and ultimately solved, key business challenges using information systems and technologies. Through the use of Essentials of MIS, students will be able to participate in, and even lead, management discussions of information systems for a firm.
The 14th Edition consists of 12 chapters with hands-on projects that cover the most essential topics in MIS, all updated with new figures, tables, and cases. In addition to the core text, this edition includes a Video Case Package consisting of 28 video case studies and 10 instructional videos to illustrate business uses of information systems, explain new technologies, and explore concepts. The knowledge and information in this book will be most valuable to students — regardless of major — throughout their business careers.
Pearson MyLab MIS is not included. Students, if Pearson MyLab MIS is a recommended/mandatory component of the course, please ask your instructor for the correct ISBN. Pearson MyLab MIS should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Pearson MyLab MIS
MyLab™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Geef uw waardering
1. Business Information Systems in Your Career
2. Global E-business and Collaboration
3. Achieving Competitive Advantage with Information Systems
4. Ethical and Social Issues in Information Systems
PART II: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE
5. IT Infrastructure: Hardware and Software
6. Foundations of Business Intelligence: Databases and Information Management
7. Telecommunications, the Internet, and Wireless Technology
8. Securing Information Systems
PART III: KEY SYSTEM APPLICATIONS FOR THE DIGITAL AGE
9. Achieving Operational Excellence and Customer Intimacy: Enterprise Applications
10. E-commerce: Digital Markets, Digital Goods
11. Improving Decision Making and Managing Artificial Intelligence
PART IV: BUILDING AND MANAGING SYSTEMS
12. Making the Business Case for Information Systems and Managing Projects
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan