The TEACCH Approach to Autism Spectrum DisordersPaperback Engels 2012 9781475709902
TEACCH (Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication-handicapped Children) has grown over the past three decades from a small clinic for children to an internationally recognized treatment and support modality for individuals of all ages with autism spectrum disorders. In The TEACCH Approach to Autism Spectrum Disorders, the program’s founders and their colleagues explain its methods and philosophy based on an understanding and respect for "the culture of autism."
The TEACCH program focuses on persons with autism and the development of instruction and supports based on each individual’s skills, interests, and needs. It draws from the research literature in psychology and neuropsychology to create activities and environments that are organized to emphasize meaningfulness—an approach that has proved crucial to an autistic individual’s ability to learn, comprehend, and apply learning across situations.
The TEACCH Approach to Autism Spectrum Disorders explains how:
- TEACCH targets critical areas in executive functioning, engagement, communication, and social skills.
- Strategies can be tailored to an individual’s unique developmental and functional level.
- Parents become involved in all phases of intervention as collaborators, cotherapists, and advocates.
- The program can be introduced and adapted for individuals of all ages, from preschool children to adults.
- Professionals can be trained in the program and its methods.
This progressive program offers individuals with autism, their families, teachers, and therapists both optimism and useful strategies, without minimizing the condition or its effects. All clinicians working with people with autism will find The TEACCH Approach to Autistic Spectrum Disorders a valuable resource.
Geef uw waardering
2. Core Values of the TEACCH Program.
3. The Culture of Autism.
4. Structured Teaching.
5. The Theoretical Context of Structured Teaching.
7. Social Skills.
9. Providing Diagnostic Information to Parents.
10. Preschool Issues.
11. Adult Services.
12. Training Issues.
Aanbevolen live events...
Regels en de ruimte
Mensen die dit boek kochten, kochten ook...
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan